[TowerTalk] Galvanizing Paint

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:33:11 EDT 2012

I recently painted some Rohn 25.

Not wanting the wasteful overspray of aerosols, I bought Crown 7007 from Toolup.com.

It is made by Aervoe industries and is available from other distributors, I think.

I found it fine to work with, but needing careful stirring, because the solids content is so high, 75%!

Also because of the high solids content, it's important to keep the container well sealed.

If you plan to use small amounts, you should buy the quart size and consider repackaging in jars.

The cans lose their sealing ability after several reclosings.

I didn't measure carefully, but think a quart, about $25, will do at least 50' of 25G, depending upon how thickly you apply it, of course.

A soft brush is best for application, to avoid holidays.  On slick metal, i like doing a second coat.

I only have a few weeks exposure so far, but the product seems to be performing as advertised.

73

Wilson

W4BOH.