[TowerTalk] Reduced guy radius for Rohn 45G tower

Dave Hachadorian k6ll at arrl.net
Thu Aug 23 16:55:04 EDT 2012

Rohn used to make a 45G foldover tower, and had a 4-way guying
scheme that had a small footprint.  I think they made them up to
65 feet, and quoted windload specs.  Maybe someone here has those
old catalogs.

Also, Rohn 45 is capable of use hundreds of feet high, so the
inline compression at 65 feet is way below what the tower is
capable of.  The guying footprint could be reduced substantially,
as long as you use heavy enough guy cable, and suitable anchors.
This would require an engineered solution, which shouldn't be too
expensive, if you choose the right engineer.  KR7X would be a
good starting point.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, California