[TowerTalk] Relay Box Measurements

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 26 09:54:05 EDT 2012

On 8/25/12 6:40 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> I'd like to compare data with anyone who has done careful measurements
> of relay boxes from Array Solutions, Top Ten, and DX Engineering.  I've
> just measured the boxes I have here, looking from 160M to 6M. Some
> things I find acceptable and some I don't.  Some things I don't like I
> can fix, some I can't.

when you do the measurements (using some form of VNA, I presume), do you
cal with a set of standards with UHF connectors, or something else?

(I've been thinking about measuring some stuff here, and I'm trying to
decide whether I should try to use the UHF connectors as the measurement
plane, or the SMA or N on the VNA test cables..)