[TowerTalk] Noisy US Tower HDX572mdpl

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Dec 3 10:01:34 EST 2012

On 12/3/2012 6:01 AM, Pete Raymond wrote:
> In the last few months as the tower reaches 65 feet or so it starts to
> make a banging noise and seems to be jerking on it way up from 65 to 72

You could have a cable rubbing a groove through a brace.
It catches on the groove when near the top.  I had this problem
and had to bend the brace back.

The other thing is that if your antenna isn't perfectly balanced,
the tower leans more as the overlap decreases.  I have this problem
with my MonstIR on my HDX5106.  Works fine w/o the antenna but
with the antenna installed, it starts vibrating the last few feet.  I
just don't crank it up the last few feet.  There is no fix for it AFAIK
except getting a more balanced antenna.

Rick N6RK