[TowerTalk] Antenna Loads on Rohn Tower (45g in this case)

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Sun Dec 9 09:53:15 EST 2012

I have 80' of Rohn 45g installed per 90 mhp specs ( I live in a county
with a wind speed rating of 85mph).  The Rohn catalog states I can have
14.5 square feet of antenna at the top, which I do in the form of a F12
C31 tribander and F12 D240 2 2 element 40m beam.

I'd like to stack another C31 at 40' just above the first set of guys.

Can the tower handle that?  It seems like lots of stations do this with
no failures.  Short of an engineer looking at this, what is the groups
thoughts on this?

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC