[TowerTalk] Question about lowering a Fold-Over tower

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 08:02:00 PST 2012

A friend of mine did this with a small (30') tower on field day. When the
tower got down low it pulled the Jeep that it was attached to and slid the
wheels.
The tower swung out off center and crashed down. There is tremendous force
on the cable when the tower is near the ground.

You also need side guys on the tower when raising/lowering like that.
The falling derrick is a must.

73
Gary  K4FMX