[TowerTalk] ground plates (was DXE Patents)

EZ EZRhino at fastmovers.biz
Fri Feb 10 10:00:47 PST 2012

Copper to aluminum buss bar mismatch can be handled by using anit oxidant
grease on the connection point.  I thought that the dis-similar metal
problem is only a problem with the introduction of moisture; so if it is
greased and kept dry it's a moot issue.  (Maybe someone can confirm this).
I've used some automotive rubberized undercoating on outdoor and buried
connections and it's worked well for totally sealing up these kind of
connections.  It's a thick sticky black tar like goop that you spray out a
can.  Good stuff!

Also the copper buss bars, although available, are expensive!  I priced one
with 14 holes, 6.7" long, and it was $24.70.  If you need enough for 60
radials...well, you can do the math.

Chris
KF7P