[TowerTalk] Tower section assembly question

John Harper john at ae5x.com
Sat Jul 7 09:36:14 PDT 2012

I've got the first three sections (2 regular, one short base) together and used a very light coating of axle grease. Small jumpers of copper braid will ensure and electrical bond between sections. The house (garage) bracket is installed with 2X4's bracing the studs that support it inside the garage.

Not sure whether I'll load the tower yet but that will be the next logical thing to consider once this project is done.

I'll say this - everything is more difficult than I thought it would be! Not much more so, but a bit. Joining two sections together on the ground would have provided laughter for anyone spying on me as I tried to line up the three legs. Fortunately, I won't be flying solo from this point on.

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog