[TowerTalk] Need help to select ferrites for UHF "baluns"

Rob Martin rgmrob at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 16:51:41 PDT 2012

I need to make "baluns" for 70cm and 23cm, something to thread over the coax to stop RF currents on the outside of the shield.

I need something to go over a Type N male (ferrite ID >= 23.8mm) and directly over the coax (ferrite ID >= 13.8mm).

I'm sure someone here has taken lots of care to choose the best ferrite for the job. I would appreciate some suggestions, components to use and components to avoid.

Thank you.

Rob
AE7EG