[TowerTalk] rohn 45G self supporting tower

Jim Hoge knowkode at verizon.net
Mon Jul 16 20:10:48 PDT 2012

Larry,

You are correct but let me point out a few qualifiers. The base for a self supporting 45G tower specifies a huge amount of concrete (5' 3" x 5' 3" x 48" deep or 4.1 cubic yards) and the load on the tower is next to nothing at 40', ranging from 5.1 sq feet w/o ice @ 70 mph to 1.4 sq feet w/o ice @ 80mph. There are no specs with an ice load. I apologize for the old numbers but I do not have a recent enough catalog to show the TIA-222 numbers.

73,
Jim W5QM