[TowerTalk] Rohn 45: self-supporting to 45' (without a house bracket)

RLVZ at aol.com RLVZ at aol.com
Mon Jul 16 20:26:03 PDT 2012

The Rohn catalog says the Rohn 45 tower is self-supporting up  to 45'...
with a small windload of course.  Download the brochure at:
_http://www.rohnnet.com/rohn-g-series-self-supporting-tower_
(http://www.rohnnet.com/rohn-g-series-self-supporting-tower)   With the antenna load you're proposing, and a
good cement  base, you should be able to go 25-35' above the house bracket.

I have a 56' Rohn 45 self-supporting tower in Florida that has  a
heavy-duty house bracket at 15'. (41' of tower over the house bracket). It's  gone
thru 3 hurricanes with a tri-bander on it and it's still looking  good.
Rohn's catalog is known to be conservative which is  good.  I don't have to worry
about ice in  Florida... but the Florida hurricane winds may be a lot
higher than what  you'll experience.

Anyone else out there with Self-Supporting Rohn 45  towers that are 50-60'
high, possibly with a house-bracket?  If so, how are  they holding up?

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 7/16/2012 8:09:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time,