[TowerTalk] Antenna analyzer

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jul 17 18:42:26 PDT 2012

On 7/17/2012 6:14 PM, Rick Kiessig wrote:
> Current pricing for the AIM4170C (0.1 to 170MHz) is US$545 from Array
> Solutions.

Thanks.  I was thinking of the AIM 4180, which, I believe, is a 2-port VNA.

On 7/17/2012 4:48 PM, Paul Christensen wrote:
> The myVNA software for the N2PK does the remote normalization automatically
> (with loads placed at the point of Z measurement -- and to the best of my
> knowledge, so does the most recent software supplied with the AIM/W5BIG
> analyzers.

Thanks, Paul.  I've heard nothing but high praise for the N2PK unit.
I've looked several times for a way to buy one (or a kit) without
success.  The first time was at least three years ago, then a year or
two later, and again this spring when I found the VNWA.

BTW -- the VNWA also works as a Spectrum Analyzer and as a signal
generator.

73, Jim K9YC