[TowerTalk] Mast Bracket ideas solicited.

Larry Banks larryb.w1dyj at verizon.net
Sat Jul 28 15:02:50 PDT 2012

Hi TTers,

I am adding a mast to the side of my place in Maine for a small HF antenna of ~5 ft^2 wind load and ~25 lbs.  I wish to design a bracket for the side of the house to hold this mast.  The challenges:

        - it will be a rotating mast
        - it will be tilted down for antenna access

Therefore this bracket must allow for the rotation of the mast -- it can't be a tight "U-Bolt" type of attachment, and it must be easy to disengage, to allow for tilting the mast.  My current thoughts are along the lines of using 2 in. thick hardwood with a u-shaped cutout and an easy-to-open gate of some sort.

I would appreciate any thought, ideas, pictures of designs any of you have built, purchased, etc.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Larry Banks
Amateur Extra
Licensed since 1962