[TowerTalk] Mast Bracket ideas solicited.

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Jul 28 17:35:35 PDT 2012

I built a simple tilt plate using a 1 foot square
aluminum plate and two door hinges.  I cut the
square diagonally to make 2 triangles and mounted
the hinges along the hypotenuses.  When in the
operating position, the assembly is folded flat
with the hinges up.  The mounting of the boom
needs to be changed from 2 U-bolts and 2 saddles
to 4 flathead bolts and 4 saddles.  Similarly,
the other half of the plate is bolted to the
mast with the same type of hardware.  When you
tilt the mast, gravity will open the hinge so
that the antenna remains horizontal.

Rick N6RK