[TowerTalk] Crane release from tower?

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 16:10:20 PDT 2012

Sometimes you get lucky and the hook will disengage on it  own.  Otherwise,
someone (usually the owner) gets the enviable job of  having to climb the
tower and unhook.  Usually the tower is picked up by a  strap and the hook is
attached to it.

Before climbing 50  ft of unguyed 25, I would definitely guy  it with rope
at the least, or with the guy wire.  You will probably have to  have a three
hour minimum and the tower set should only take around 10-15  minutes,so
you'll have plenty of time to set up the guys, if you attach the guys  to the
tower when you lift it.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 7/30/2012 9:53:51 P.M. Greenwich Standard Time,