[TowerTalk] Or2800DC smoking control box

Les Kalmus w2lk at bk-lk.com
Fri Jun 1 05:41:18 PDT 2012

The OR2800DC runs on 30-47VDC. Polarity determines rotation direction
and voltage determines speed.
If the control box is smoking, there is probably a stray wire strand
shorted in the control cable somewhere.
I would think that the likelihood of a short in the rotator itself is low.
Pins 1 & 2 on the rear of the controller are the turning voltage.
Pins 5 & 6 are around 10V, low current, used for the pulse counter and
shouldn't be a problem.

Recheck the controller cable connections for stray strands or cracks/cuts.

Les W2LK