[TowerTalk] Temporary Crank-up/Tubular Tower ??

Dirk Hacker dirk.hacker at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 12:45:03 PDT 2012

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any mfg's of tubular towers for more temporary type use ?
(incl. surplus)

I am looking for a light / tubular type of tower approx 35'-40' high
...perhaps can crank down (i.e "nest") to 12'-15'
...needs to be stronger/more robust than fiberglass poles or "push-up" poles
(from Radio Shack, etc.)

Looking for similar to MA-40 tubular tower but doesn't require concrete base
(i.e. temporary install)
I want to put small/medium size tri-bander & 6m antenna on it.

I've heard of some army surplus "quick-deploy" towers...these seem extra heavy
to move around & expensive (>$500.00)

Thanks for your ideas and help.
Regards,

Dirk H.