[TowerTalk] LRC - Lightning Retardant Cable

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 04:18:31 PDT 2012

the double shielding may be nice for preventing interference.  The second shield and drain wire may help increase the current carrying capability to ground, but other than that it won't help lightning protection.  just making sure everything is grounded properly is the best protection.  next add mov or other devices that equalize signal carrying and ground conductor voltage in the event of a lightning strike and you have done about all you can do.