[TowerTalk] going under a drive way

Missouri Guy n0tt1 at juno.com
Sat Jun 30 08:05:00 PDT 2012

Well, it's a slow and messy process, but since 
you have access to each side of the drive and 
some depth, you can "drill" a hole with some PVC 
pipe and leave the pipe in place for use as a conduit.
What's needed is a nozzle of some kind at the 
"drill" end of the pipe, and a garden hose connection 
at the other.  The nozzle could be a PVC pipe cap
with some small holes drilled in the end.
Water pressure will wash away the soil ahead of 
the nozzle.  Use stiff PVC sections with fittings that can be 
screwed together.  Add more sections as 
you work the pipe under the drive.  If you run into 
a rock, you're "done"!  Try another location.
Charlie, N0TT

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 22:19:00 -0500 "Gregg  Seidl" <k9kl at centurytel.net>
> Can anyone tell me how one can get under a blacktop driveway? I want 
> to get a couple of 1/2 inch cables under without cutting or 
> direction boring. It an old farm drive way so I'm thinking I'm going 
> to have to go down a couple feet which I can because there is a 
> ditch. Maybe 20 feet wide or so.
> Gregg K9KL
> _______________________________________________
> _______________________________________________
> TowerTalk mailing list
> TowerTalk at contesting.com
> http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list