[TowerTalk] IP Enabled SWR Meter

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 13:02:58 PDT 2012


Try Googling "RF Power Monitor Ethernet".

These two commercial offerings look good (they appear to be the same), but
also look expensive (no prices shown):



This company has a ham-oriented solution that might work for you:


They don't offer the power/SWR monitor itself -- they have electronics that
connect to a Bird 43. 

Another option would be to use a meter that has an RS-232 interface and
connect an Ethernet-to-serial adapter to it. I've not used an
Ethernet-to-serial adapter, so I don't know what's involved to connect to it
and don't know the cost. As for power/SWR meters with RS-232, the LP-100A
from N8LP (Telepost, Inc.) is an excellent choice if accuracy is important.
If that's too expensive for you, the Elecraft W2 has a built-in serial port
and provides acceptable accuracy.

Hope this helps.

73, Dick WC1M

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Smith [mailto:nd4x at hotmail.com]
> Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:31 PM
> To: towertalk at contesting.com
> Subject: [TowerTalk] IP Enabled SWR Meter
> Anyone know of an Power/SWR meter with an ethernet interface on it that
> would enable you to remotely monitor a VHF radio over the internet?  We
> have a router on-site with private IPs that could be assigned to the
> interface.   Thanks - ND4X

More information about the TowerTalk mailing list