[TowerTalk] Lightning Bolt quad antenna information

Richard Thorne rmthorne at att.net
Fri Mar 2 10:31:59 PST 2012

I had this very quad back in the early 90's when I lived in NC.  I sold
it to a friend here in Texas when I decided to go with yagi's.  The quad
was/is a great antenna.

The aluminum wire really shouldn't be all that soft as its some sort of
wire used in welding.  I picked up a couple of spools from  a local
welding shop when my buddy bought it.

Here's a link I found that may help.  It has a picture of the wire spool
so you can get a part number.

http://wb9dlc.com/Lightningbolt.htm
http://www.qsl.net/w3df/quad2/quad.html

Rich - N5ZC