[TowerTalk] Radiowavz end fed wire antenna

Mike Baker k7dd at cox.net
Sat Mar 10 08:29:03 PST 2012

It's an autotransformer.
T200-2 core works good.
3 or 4 turn primary, 29 or so turns on secondary.
Tie the cold ends of the windings together and they go to the coax shield
and ground or to a very short counterpoise wire, say 3 or 4 feet. You can
tweak it on frequency with the short wire.
The end of the big winding goes to the half wave end fed wire.
Simple stuff.
I have a QRP version that uses a T50-2 and a QRO version that uses the
T200-2, but T400-2 cores are available for those who want QROOOO.  ;>)

Mike Baker  K7DD
K7dd at cox.net