[TowerTalk] high tension power line noise...

StellarCAT RXDesign at ssvecnet.com
Sat Mar 10 11:24:27 PST 2012

Hello... my wife and I will be moving soon to a new area... one of the properties we are considering,
and its really difficult to find something anymore that meets ALL the criteria – county (no restrictions),
no HOA, no deed restrictions, and of course a house... one of the places has a high tension line ~400’
away from where I’d install my tower... and about 600’ from where I’d have a 160/80 receive 4 sq array....
now I’d THINK that this should not be a problem – assuming the power company takes care of any issues
(as required by the FCC and as is prudent for them to do for power lose/longevity)... however having
never been THAT close I’d love to hear from anyone that says otherwise – that there will be a problem.
I operate weak signal from 160 through 6 meters...

thanks

Gary
K9RX