[TowerTalk] tower camera

Marlon K. Schafer (509-982-2181) ooe at odessaoffice.com
Thu May 10 10:36:11 PDT 2012

I've got a couple of cameras from here:
http://www.inscapedata.com/

Not the cheap stuff, but MUCH higher image quality than the cheap cameras.
They also have the benefit of being able to be powered with POE.  Power over
Ethernet.  That means you run a Cat5 data cable (I use outdoor rated cable)
to the radio, plug in a power injector inside a building and hook the camera
up to your existing network.

Don't bother with the Inscape DVR software.  It's awful to use.  Somewhere
on my computer I have a link for a highly rated one but I've not tried them
yet.

A lot of WISPs also use Axis cameras.  I'm planning on trying one or two of
them.

Here's one place to get them:
http://www.wlanmall.com/ip-video-surveillance/ip-cameras?manufacturer=5&?psid=ppc&gclid=CKGJwsCf9q8CFQaFhwodHg-dUA

Ask for Lee.  I've known him for more than a decade now and he's a GREAT
guy.  He's also the one that told me about the other camera DVR software to
use.  I'd trust his advice on what camera would be best for your
application.  ie: You'll want a different level of image quality for
security vs. weather watching.

Take care,
marlon