[TowerTalk] - Cell Tower Broadcast

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Mon May 28 00:42:27 PDT 2012

On 5/24/2012 5:07 PM, Dan Cisson wrote:
> <snip>
> pizza guys who are doing the job. It's called UNFAIR and STUPID.
>> Yep. BUT -- a major reason our government agencies are so weak is that
>> they have been intentionally weakened by those who demand "less
>> regulation" and "small government."  Some of them are full of political
>> appointees and lawyers/managers, and most of them have no budget for
>> enforcement -- remember, we're trying to reduce the national debt.  The
>> FCC has had these problems since around 1980. Those same problems led to
>> the mining disaster in WV and the oil spill in the Gulf a few years ago.
>> The OSHA guy interviewed in the piece came across as a particularly
>> unfeeling and irresponsible person.  I agree -- next to useless.

Most things I agree with you on Jim, but on this I couldn't disagree more.
It's the huge amount of regulation, requiring more qualified inspectors
than the government can produce.
It's big government that causes this rather than small.  IOW they need
too many government workers rather than providing qualified people to do
the jobs.  These requirements and shortage of qualified people lead to
favoritism, unknowledgeable  inspectors, and those who will look the
other way

Certainly we need regulations, but those regulations are of no use when
they are mired in bureaucracy, kickbacks, and inspectors who do not know
the ropes.

73

Roger (K8RI)