[TowerTalk] 43 feet pole for vertical

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Thu Nov 1 13:57:45 EDT 2012

On 11/1/2012 7:03 AM, Pete Smith N4ZR wrote:
> There *is* no such thing as simple trig, if your last brush with a
> cosine was 56 years ago!

I have to confess it's not been quite that long, but I'm only 72. <:-))
Actually I never took trig, which is quite a trick because I have a math
minor.  Try Calc II without ever having had trig.  That was truly a self
taught crash course in trig. <LOL>  And yes, I have to get out the book
and look up the functions "just to be sure"...Now Derivatives and
Integrals are something else. It'd take a few weeks review there.  They
told me I needed Calc.  The last time I used it professionally ... was
in school. Never did need it for work.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Fortunately, you can back this one out with