[TowerTalk] 43 feet pole for vertical

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 2 16:16:31 EDT 2012

I read an article somewhere where the ham had some experimenting with the
radiation angle of an elevated 1/4 wave vertical. As you raise the vertical
you get lower radiation angles up to a point. Beyond that and then you start
getting high radiation angles. If you are interested I can dig it out.  A
figure of 40 feet for a 40m 1/4 vertical comes to mind. After that any low
angle advantage was lost.

I have a 30m vertical at 25 feet and am not convinced about it's performance
yet.

73 Mark N1UK