[TowerTalk] Tower, rotator and antenna maintenance

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:51:31 EST 2012

Turning 65 in DEC..  I don't free climb any more, so it's one rung at a time, no longer scampering up at a moments notice. We plan the day, the work, thinking through every conceivable problem and the fix / maintained or update.   I just did a total redo to my 70' ten meter tower , building two 6 element OWA antennas  , new Phillystran, New feed lines  and  two new coats of bright Rust Bullet Paint.I kind of subscribe to the notion  use it or loose it...   So to repate a little ditty I was told looooooog ago  When I was young and in my prime  Up  the tower, I would always climb. But now that I am Old and Gray I only Climb is once a day. Author Un know   Wayne W3EA