[TowerTalk] Tower, rotator and antenna maintenance

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Nov 9 00:11:15 EST 2012

On 11/8/2012 11:43 PM, David Jordan wrote:
> UR correct Dave... the body actually starts to break down after age
> 21-25... some don't notice it right away...takes decades for some.  Some
> never notice... they just climb well up into their 80s and just fall to
> their death when they stroke out or have a heart attack ;-)

I was in the best health of my life when in my 50's
I quit work at 47 and earned a 4 year degree (BS in CS) in 3 with Math
and Art minors..  Graduated at age 50. Did well enough to earn a
Graduate assistantship for my masters, but a good job offer came along
before I finished that.  I found learning to be easier at 47-50 than I
did at 13 to 17. Of course I didn't have hormones fighting for attention
25 hours a day either. <:-))

The mind AND body are far more dependent on how they are used and fed
(IE Treated) than any particular age.  The mind may reach a peak earlier
than the body while different people peak at different ages.  In my 40's
I could still out run my son for the quarter although I didn't have the
stamina to do it in the mile which is what he ran.  I never did have the
stamina for the mile.  At 50 I was still doing full squats with 205# of
free weights. I could still do well over 300# on the leg press at 68.

BTW I'll never forget the look on my son's face when I passed him and no
he didn't let me win.

For most, the body is not that of a peak athlete after 30, but there are
some top athletes out there approaching 40 and quite a few well past the
age where we'd expect to see them headed down hill.  Much depends on how
we take care of ourselves and it takes a lot of work to keep the body in
shape.

73

Roger (K8RI)