[TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower

Missouri Guy n0tt1 at juno.com
Sat Oct 6 19:28:27 EDT 2012

> Does anyone know how to install an inverted V antenna for 80m on a
> retractable tower?  Is there anything that could be done to prevent
> the wires from laying on the ground when the tower is retracted?

I had a need for that.   The center of the Vee was supported
by the crank-up tower.  I installed two 47' push-up masts, one on each
side of the tower.  Then I used a pully and rope with a weight on
each end of the Vee to keep tension on it.  It may be necessary to
space the weights out away from the masts to keep them
from banging together when the wind blows.

Hope that helps.

73,
Charlie, N0TT