[TowerTalk] Inverted V on a retractable tower

David Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 7 13:41:05 EDT 2012

Two ways of doing this.  I use a side arm from W9IIX with a pulley at the
end making sure that I am 5 or 6 feet below that top of the tower (either
crank up or fixed).

If the tower is not over loaded there was a great way of getting the
inverted V above the tower in a mid 1970's 73 Magazine by Ed Sleight K4SB.
Ed used a fiberglass mast with a universal joint at the top so as the
antennas were rotated the inverted V stayed in place.  The main point is
that the ends were well away from the tips of the biggest yagi.  You could
use a aluminum mast but that added to any interaction.

73 Dave K4JRB