[TowerTalk] Water pipe as a mast

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sun Oct 14 12:26:25 EDT 2012

The perfect shim is a piece of 2 inch "standard" aluminum irrigation
pipe with 0.050 inch wall.  2 inch O.D. and 1.9 inch I.D.
I use it on my field day antenna which has
a water pipe mast.  I slit it lengthwise and apply it like a piston
ring with a gap the width of the saw blade  I clamp it with hose
clamps.  It now fits perfectly in the saddles on my 2 element SteppIR.

Rick