[TowerTalk] CDwelding a tower leg

Frank frankkamp at att.net
Mon Sep 17 13:51:46 EDT 2012

I think it has more to do with location than luck and the tower is only
60 feet high.  Lots of tall trees around and all the power lines are
above ground.  All the power poles have a ground wire running across
their tops.  About once a year we experience a lightning hit to the
power distribution system that kills power for as long as 8 hours.

I have never seen where the lightning hit but from the sound, it is
close by.  Even so, the tower has never been hit and
I have never had any equipment (appliance or radio) damaged.

My luck is not that good.  I quit buying lottery tickets a long time ago.