[TowerTalk] Tex Com LMR-600 Connectors

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Aug 4 16:50:02 EDT 2013

On 8/4/2013 4:28 PM, rfman45 wrote:

> Texas Towers has a compression UHF connector for LMR 600, the CC600UM. I'd like to know
> if anyone has used this connector, its ease of use, etc.

That appears to be clamp/solder connector.  I use one that looks like it
from Davis.  I don't know if they really are the same, but the ones I've
been using work well.  the only problem is they are easy to break if
there is much side force on that big cable.

I just ordered some to compare.  UHF connectors for LMR600 can be very
expensive at 3 to 5 times the N type.

73

Roger (K8RI)