[TowerTalk] hairpin matches

r miles greenacres113 at charter.net
Thu Aug 8 12:41:58 EDT 2013

I recently acquired a 5 el HyGain 10m monobander on a 24' boom. The yagi
uses a hairpin match. The plan is to convert it to 6m. Either a WVO
special on 19' of boom or use the full 24'. Since it's already in place
we are considering using the hairpin. Obvoiusly  shorter as the freq is
nearly double 10m.  My friend W4HLR  will be actually doing the
construction.
We would like to hear your experiences with HyGain hairpin matches on
monobanders. Or any monobander.  Is there an advantage using a hairpin
rather than gamma or other methods. DX-Eng sells hairpins & say they are
better than gamma, etc.
We're hoping to end  up  with a heavy duty yagi as the boom & element
sizes of this yagi are bigger & heavier than most  6m yagis.
It will be for  next seasons 6m Es. If there is one. Hi! Really was poor
this Summer in NW Tn.

Tnx K9IL