[TowerTalk] shrink w/adhesive

K8RI K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Aug 9 03:57:25 EDT 2013

On 8/9/2013 1:00 AM, Ron W8RJL wrote:
> I've been water proofing coax connectors for years the old school way (with no problems). I'm ready to try the new shrink tube with adhesive which seems l
ike a good way to go. I just measured a PL-259 shell diameter at about
0.7 inches. I see the shrink rate is about 3:1 so I assume 1" diameter
should work
for a PL-259 with RG-213. I also noticed on eBay some manufacturers
state that the shelf life is only about a year or less so it might be
wise to buy just
  what you need as opposed to stocking up. I've seen references to 3M
and Molex brands. Any comments/recommendations appreciated. If this
topic has already
been beat to death you can reply direct 73, Ron W8RJL email (w8rjl at
arrl.net)

I've had no trouble using the two sizes of 3m carried by the local
electrical supply. I've been using it for some years and not noticed any
shelf life problems. Some has to be close to 5 years old, or older.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/connectors.htm

73,

Roger (K8RI)