[TowerTalk] Adding guys to self supporting towers

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Mon Aug 12 19:21:40 EDT 2013

Richard was talking about self supporting towers, not self supporting
crank up towers.

Yes, the lift cable is a definite factor in any consideration of adding
guys to a crank up.

But I've never seen an analysis of a simple self supporter which
indicates that adding *reasonable* guys does anything other than
increase straight on wind load capacity.

Twisting torque for long boom scenarios must be considered independently.

-Steve K8LX