[TowerTalk] Adding guys to self supporting towers

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Mon Aug 12 19:40:06 EDT 2013

On 8/12/2013 2:58 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> I can't follow your analysis, so here are some numbers for an HDX589
> from my PE analysis:

> That said, I would bet on the hoist cables as the failure point if guys

I should have said that my original query was not aimed at
crankup towers.  I have no intention of adding guys to my HDX5106.
But the previous owner of it did have guys at the top of the 24 foot
mast and got away with it.  He only sold the tower to me because
he wanted more height.  It was on the top of a mountain, so it
probably saw some pretty good winds.

Rick N6RK