[TowerTalk] Comparing Hi-Z Receive Arrays and KB7GF Shared ApexLoop

Dan Schaaf dan-schaaf at att.net
Tue Aug 13 12:39:20 EDT 2013

David, I know John W4NU. We both have the same HiZ system. I had to purchase
the empty lot next to me to install mine whereas he had a deeper house lot
and put his HiZ way back on his lot.

Yes, if you have a city lot only, then the loops are the only real
alternative and the SAL may be the best solution.  To keep it simple, it
could be made similar to my K9AY loop in that you have one solid vertical
fiberglass support and two horizontal fiberglass rods all of which have the
wires tie wrapped to the supports. Then put the whole assembly on a rotator
and then you can zero in on the DX using the rotator.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
60 Meters www.60metersonline.net