[TowerTalk] Rohn 25G

James Wolf jbwolf at comcast.net
Sun Aug 18 21:19:00 EDT 2013

>>I am wondering why you are using the pier base? I believe that unless you
are going really high it not necessary. In most installations that I have
heard or know of, the guys just bury a 4 - 5 ft piece of Rohn 26G in
concrete and build from there.

Isn't it easier to just use a flat roof mount, put some long bolts in when
you poor the cement foundation and make sure the top is level.
The bolts will hold the base from shifting at the bottom and you are not
locked into a specific tower base.  It also costs a lot less.
It's worked here on 120 ft of Rohn 45 for the last 25 years.

Jim, KR9U