[TowerTalk] Question on mast height above tower

RShirbroun at newportlabs.com RShirbroun at newportlabs.com
Wed Aug 21 13:25:27 EDT 2013

Thanks for the numbers Gerald - I appreciate the calculations.  Obviously I should have gone through more of a detailed analysis before I ordered the mast for this specific tower.  (The 15' 2" 0.25" wall mast is from you folks at Texas Towers.  The shipping was more than the mast, but that was my choice!)

I'll be going with a shorter, narrower wall mast (that I got from you guys also, about 5 years ago) and skip the 40m dipole component.  (The height above ground was going to be pretty marginal to be very effective with it anyway. - Bummer!)

Now I just need to find somebody that wants to buy a really rugged 15' mast!

Thanks again, and 73,
Randy, ND0C