[TowerTalk] Question on mast height above tower

Gene Fuller w2lu at rochester.rr.com
Wed Aug 21 13:56:36 EDT 2013

These numbers looks like calc's for bending moment at the top of the tower.

What about torque ?

Would it be possible to put the rotor plate lower in the tower and pick up
some extra restraining moment with "overkill" in the mast ?

However, this still wouldn't help the torque problem.  If he's stuck with
this tower and the given antenna family, how about a leg anchor plate and
torque bars at the top of the tower ?  This would also help the bending
moment problem. Pretty soon a more heavy duty tower, or less ambitious
antenna system, starts looking good !

With some extra $$$ and a little engineering there will  be a good answer.

Gene / W2LU