[TowerTalk] Change in SWR

Doug Scribner dscribner at myfairpoint.net
Tue Dec 3 18:30:05 EST 2013

GE,

When I posted my question earlier I did not want this to become a debate as
to the pros and cons of my Mosley. In fact I considered not mentioning it my
name except that I wanted everyone to have all the facts.

I am well aware of the writings concerming this and other yagis on the
market. And I know that this antenna is being asked to do a lot considering
its size. And I recognize that it is just about 1/2 wavelength high thus
contributing to what effect its surrondings have.

This antenna perfectly fit my requirements when I put it up and continues to
perform exceptionally well, even with its "minor" 40 Meter issue.  The
increase in my country count over the last 6 weeks has been amazing...on all
the bands covered.

This is the second Mosley at my station. The first is a TA-53M @ 43 feet on
a seperate tower. If I was to do it over again, I would not hesitate to
choose exactly what I have.

For those following my original post, today I dropped 1/2 of the 160 low
dipole with no change.

Doug - K1ZO