[TowerTalk] Why not to buy an M2 antenna

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Dec 10 12:03:57 EST 2013

I have a 12 element M2 2m beam that has been on the tower here for 10 years
or more. Birds.. BIG ONES, osprey, owls, seagulls, mother-in-laws, have all
been up there and many sit way out on the end. You would think that the boom
would bend/fail from the weight. Not so...it has hung in there well. The
quality of the aluminum is such that is has also withstood the Florida salt
air here along the Gulf Coast and Tampa Bay.  Not anything that Cushcraft
has ever build for vhf/uhf could have lasted here... I tried them initially,
but was disappointed and ultimately had to replace them with K1FOs or the
like.   -Mike