[TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

K0DAN k0dan at comcast.net
Fri Dec 20 11:20:34 EST 2013

Actually the T10 is quite well balanced (weight wise!) at the center, and
being light weight it quite easy to manage on the tower. The boom length is,
I think, 28' and the longest elements are around 32'. What twists it is not
so much its mass, but the torque out on the ends. Probably not much more or
less than a tribander.

I failed to mention my mast is pinned inside the rotor (Yaesu G2800) clamps
so whatever made my antenna spin was probably a high gust of wind that
caught the antenna at just the right place and time.

After correcting that problem last year, I have not had it recur.

Doesn't look like the Slipp-Nott will add any value at this installation.

73
dan
k0dan