[TowerTalk] Slipp-Nott

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Dec 20 12:38:01 EST 2013

On 12/20/2013 8:18 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:

> The T10 boom is not that long however I imagine that the log periodic in
> not balanced as well as a conventional yagi. Even with some extra torque
> from imbalance it not be that difficult to make a mast clamp that does
> not slip without having to add outriggers. The Slipp-Nott
> http://www.tennadyne.com/slipp_nott.htm [2] appears to use mast sleeves.
> It has no finish shown so I am hoping that it is made from stainless
> steel.

It appears to be a split mast sleeve with the two halve of the body made
of plastic encased in a steel frame.  The diagram shows two empty
shells.  The plastic would deform under pressure, giving an even
pressure on the split sleeve/collar . The gripping force can be altered
just by tightening the bolts. Depending on the material it looks like an
ingenious way to get even gripping all the way around. At least that's
what it looks like to me.

73

Roger (K8RI)