[TowerTalk] Caps (was: Hose Clamps)

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 1 22:19:31 EST 2013

Today, I took down a A4S, original Cushcraft.  The 2"  x 18' boom was
filled with water, probably nearly full.  The antenna was way over the
spec 37 lb weight.  All elements and the boom had end caps.
Interestingly, the last 30 days at my San Jose QTH were unusually dry,
less than 0.5 in of rain. The antenna was up about 8 years and is in
good shape except slop in the boom to element stamped aluminum saddles
which I will replace with something better.  Unfortunately,  birds also
thought it was a great antenna.

btw this 50 acre ranch QTH is for sale, spectacular views and elevations
from the east of San Jose, CA foothills.
http://www.serenogroup.com/14800-MT-HAMILTON-RD-San-Jose-CA~l4392986

Grant KZ1W