[TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Wed Feb 20 05:47:49 EST 2013

>Lets get practical for once.

Yes, let's do. That starts with studying and understanding the
fundamentals of transmission lines and antennas, understanding that
every design problem is different, and that one size does not fit all.
As I observed in yesterday's post, low dipoles are generally a closer
match to 50 ohm coax, and high dipoles to 75 ohm coax.

73, Jim K9YC

##  I will try and attempt to test that high/low dipole theory out, next summer
with my 80m rotary dipole on its  motorized tower.  40 feet retracted, and 103’
extended.

Jim  VE7RF