[TowerTalk] 75 ohm - v - 50 ohm coax

TexasRF at aol.com TexasRF at aol.com
Wed Feb 20 09:13:27 EST 2013

Jim, you may well find that the resonant frequency as well as impedance of
your dipole increases as you raise the height above ground. Ground moisture
and  resulting conductivity and dielectric constant changes have quite an
influence  on both impedance and frequency.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 2/20/2013 4:48:17 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jim.thom at telus.net writes:

>Lets  get practical for once.

Yes, let's do. That starts with studying and  understanding the
fundamentals of transmission lines and antennas,  understanding that
every design problem is different, and that one size  does not fit all.
As I observed in yesterday's post, low dipoles are  generally a closer
match to 50 ohm coax, and high dipoles to 75 ohm  coax.

73, Jim K9YC

##  I will try and attempt to test that  high/low dipole theory out, next
summer
with my 80m rotary dipole on  its  motorized tower.  40 feet retracted, and
103’
extended.

Jim   VE7RF

TowerTalk  mailing  list