[TowerTalk] Wire lubricant for cable pull thru conduit

Dick Green WC1M wc1m73 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 02:41:50 EST 2013

Couple of afterthoughts (after reading all the other posts):

1. I believe the rule of thumb is that the conduit should be at least twice
the diameter of the cable bundle.

2. A lot of people have reported that it's easier to run the cable when the
conduit is laid, just slipping it over the cable as you go along. I tried
that once with a feed to my telescope pedestal and it was a real mess. The
work had to be done at the bottom of the ditch, and a lot of dirt got on the
cable and in the conduit. Made gluing the conduit together a real hassle.
Again, YMMV.

73, Dick WC1M